Trent Security Systems in Peterborough, Ontario The Security Sticker most used by business, most feared by burglars.
HomeOur CompanyOur Staff FAQs Our Store Contact
Trent Security Systems provides alarm system installation and ULC Monitoring in Peterborough, Ontario Trent Security also provides Fire Alarms, Closed Circuit TV and Card Access Systems.
ULC Monitoring Burglar Alarms Fire Alarms Closed Circuit TV Card Access Systems Medical Alarms
 
   
About Us
Our Staff
Our Clients
ULC Monitoring Station
Burglar Alarms
Fire Alarms
Closed Circuit TV
Card Access Systems
Medical Alarms
CO (carbon Monoxide)
Security Tips
FAQ's
SIDNEY THE SIGN
Online Store
Contact US

CO (Carbon Monoxide)

WHAT IS CARBON MONOXIDE?

Carbon Monoxide is an odourless, colourless, tasteless gas which is very toxic. When breathed, it interferes with the body's ability to absorb oxygen.

It can kill you before you know its there. Todays more energy-efficient, airtight home designs contribute to the problem by trapping CO-polluted air inside the home.

WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF CARBON MONOXIDE EXPOSURE?

Exposure to carbon monoxide can cause any of these flu-like symptons; headaches, nausea, fatigue, dizziness, drowsiness, burning eyes, confusion, disorientation and unconsciousness. In very severe cases, carbon monoxide poisoning can cause brain damage or death.

WHAT ARE THE SOURCES OF CARBON MONOXIDE?

Carbon monoxide is a by-product of the incomplete combustion (burning) of fuels such as wood, propane, oil, natural gas, kerosene, gasoline, diesel fuel, coal or charcoal.

HOW CAN I PREVENT CARBON MONOXIDE IN MY HOME?

Make sure that all fuel burning appliances are in good working order and that they are checked and inspected on a regular basis. Never leave your car or other fuel burning engine running in the garage. Never use open-combustion devices, such as a charcoal grill, hibachi or Bar-B-Que indoors.

INSTALL A CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTOR!!!

WHERE DO I PUT MY CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTOR?

Near the sleeping area, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, which recommends at least one detector per household. Extra detectors located near the home?s heating sources and other fuel burning appliances, add an extra, measure of safety.

WHAT DO I DO IF MY CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTOR GOES OFF?

Get out of the house immediately. Have a plan that includes a pre-designated meeting place so that all family members can be accounted for. Call the Fire Department from a neighbour?s home. Do not re-enter your home until the Fire Department has determined that it is safe to do so.

 
ULC Monitoring Burglar Alarms Fire Alarms Closed Circuit TV Card Access Systems Medical Alarms
Proud Members of Greater Peterborough Chamber of Commerce, Canadian Fire Alarm Association, Ontario Electrical League, Canadian Security Association and Underwriters Laboratories of Canada

Proud Sponsor of PMF